Treasure in the arms of Christ

"In this life I know what I've been, but in your arms I know what I am...my mistakes are running through my mind...when I don't measure up to much in this life...I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ"


I heard this in a song by Sanctus Real while I was driving today and it hit me so hard. I've been struggling lately with guilt and realizing I don't measure up. I messed up and I all I could think was how did I let it happen? How did I fall so far into complacency that I didn't hear God's voice as clearly as I know I should...as I know I want to?? But when I heard this song, I was blown away by the fact "when I don't measure up to much in this life...I'm a TREASURE in the arms of Christ." A treasure?? I just can't even comprehend how after all of the mistakes I've made, God could hold me and see me as a treasure...a precious possession...that's what I am when I'm in His arms. Maybe that's the point. His love is so great, His grace so complete, His forgiveness so final, that He makes me a treasure...makes me something so much more than I could ever be on my own. I still just feel at a loss for words with a love like that. I am nothing, and I too often put myself and my pride and my desires above God, the maker of everything. And yet to Him, I'm a treasure.


Jesus I love you, I need you, broken I come before you....wash me clean. Thank you that I am your treasure...may you always be mine...always.

1 comments:

KEM March 15, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Thank you, Jaimie! What a great reminder to us all!! Lord, thank You that You are our treasure and our great reward. And thank You that I am Yours!!

BTW, Jaimie, you are our treasure!! We love you!!

Post a Comment

About this blog

One of my favorite poems is "Footprints" because I think it resonates so much with our struggle through life. When hard times comes, it's so easy to question where God is. To wonder why He isn't pulling through or showing up in the ways we think He should. And yet God is carrying us through and is closer than we realize.

I decided to start writing my thoughts, struggles, and journey in a blog because so many times we need each other to help remind us that God has never left. He is here, in the sun and in the rain. I want to pursue Him, desire Him, and walk as closely in His footprints as I can...

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied:
"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."